Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thr3e - Ted Dekker (now a Motion Picture)

Those who know me know that Ted Dekker is my favorite Christian fiction author. Recently, I told my father that I get afraid to pick up a Ted Dekker book because I end up loosing sleep from not being able to put it down once I start. My wife got me Ted's most recent book, Saint, for Christmas and likewise I'm enjoying it immensely (book review soon to follow).

Thr3e was my first introduction to Ted Dekker and ever since I have been a fan of Dekker's works. Thr3e is a suspense thriller that gets a running start in the first chapter and every time you think things are letting up the action gets more intense. The story is built with layers and everytime you think you've got a handle on things new angles are introduced. The characters are rich and the suspense real and from the moment you pick up the book from chapter one you long for Kevin to beat the psychotic on the other end of the phone. If you have shied away from Christian fiction in the past but you are ready to make the leap this is a great place to start. You won't be disappointed.

From the back of the book:

"Kevin Parson is driving his car late one summer day when, suddenly, his cell phone rings. A man who identifies himself as Slater speaks in a breathy voice: We're going to play a little game, Kevin. You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse, and the car you're driving will blow sky high. END CALL."

I recently found out that Thr3e will be released to movies in January of 2007. I'm equally excited about the fact that the producer of the X Men movie has done this movie. You can see the trailer and visit the official movie website at: http://www.foxfaithmovies.com/thr3e/ .

Ted had the following to say on his blog article entitled, They're going to crucify us this year, "In 2007 three of my stories will rock the boat with increasing intensity. The first will be the movie Thr3e on January 5th, which is a first of its kind: A movie adaptation of a Gold Medallion 'Christian' novel that doesn't look at all 'Christian' on the big screen. It's a parable, and, like many of the parables Jesus himself used, it doesn't dwell on the church or God. Just a story to illustrate a desperately needed truth. Like many in his day, many in today's church will cry foul.The movie is clean, no offensive language, no sex, rated PG 13 for some frightful scenes. Already the Christian community is divided on the movie. They all love the story, but some are put off by the lack of an invitation to rush the alters at the end. One major Baptist magazine gave it high marks, another one trashed it for not being Christian or clear enough. The reviewer didn't even get the point. Reminds me of the disciples 2000 years ago. "



Note: These links are referal links which provide to me a small commission for the reference. This money goes to support Furtak.net and proceeds will be used for that purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home